LbR is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
We sometimes supply physical assets to our clients and recognise that the international supply and logistics sector unavoidably generates a significant carbon footprint due to the need to transport often heavy or bulky items globally.
That said, LbR will do everything it can to reduce the volume of CO2 generated by its activities and seek to use alternative, less harmful means whenever possible.
In line with this LbR will:
2. Group items together wherever possible to reduce the number of flights or sea movements required.
3. Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact through production.
4. Source products or solutions from more local suppliers wherever possible to reduce the impact through distribution.
5. Reduce travel for staff by utilising VTC options whenever possible.
6. Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
7. Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
8. Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
9. Proactively assist with environmental protection through making all purchases via our sister company, Longboat Solutions AS, which is a full member of 1% For The Planet, an organisation which represents a global network of businesses, individuals and non-profit organisations tackling our planet’s most pressing environmental issues. Read more about LbS’ support here.
The effectiveness and progress of this environmental policy will be reviewed annually.