Longboat Rönd Ltd. is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion amongst our workforce, and to eliminating unlawful discrimination of any kind.
The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best without fear of discrimination.
The organisation – in providing goods or services – is also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public.
This policy’s purpose is to:
Longboat Rönd commits to:
2. We will create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
All staff should understand they, as well as their employer, can be held liable for acts of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, in the course of their employment, against fellow employees, customers, suppliers and the public
3. We will take seriously any and all complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, customers, suppliers, visitors, the public and any others in the course of the organisation’s work activities.
4. We will make time for training, development and progress available to all staff, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential, so their talents and resources can be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
5. We will make decisions concerning staff being based on merit (apart from in any necessary and limited exemptions and exceptions allowed under the UK’s Equality Act).
6. We will review employment practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness, and also update them and the policy to take account of changes in UK and other applicable laws.
7. We will monitor the make-up of the workforce regarding information such as age, sex, ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion or belief, and disability in encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion, and in meeting the aims and commitments set out in the equality, diversity and inclusion policy.
Agreement to follow this policy
This Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy is fully supported and adopted by senior management. All staff are required to agree and comply with the wording and spirit of its message.
Our disciplinary and grievance procedures
Any employee, permeant or contracted, can raise a grievance with their designated line manager or a member of senior management wat any time without fear of repercussions.
Use of the organisation’s grievance or disciplinary procedures does not affect an employee’s right to make a claim to an employment tribunal within three months of the alleged discrimination.
Longboat Rönd Ltd is dedicated to the welfare of its staff and is an ethical employer. We will not tolerate discrimination and we actively encourage our staff and clients to report any unacceptable behaviour and to help us improve if errors occur or mistakes are made.